The oil tanker "Magnus" at a pier being assisted by a tugboat.


THE US has launched another daring raid on a shadow fleet tanker in the Caribbean near Trinidad.

The Olina, which was reportedly falsely flying the flag of Timor Leste, had previously sailed from Venezuela and returned to the region, an industry source said.

The Olina which was reportedly falsely flying the flag of Timor Leste

British maritime risk management company Vanguard said: “The vessels AIS (location) tracker was last active 52 days ago in the Venezuelan EEZ, northeast of Curacao.

“The seizure follows a prolonged pursuit of tankers linked to sanctioned Venezuelan oil shipments in the region.”

It comes as part of Washington’s efforts to control Venezuelan oil exports.

At least 16 sanctioned oil tankers have left Venezuelan waters since US forces captured president Nicolas Maduro on Saturday, specialised maritime surveillance analysts said Monday.

RUNNING SCARED

Putin’s sub FLED as US captured shadow fleet tanker off Britain, Trump says

DON’S OIL STATE

Trump says he’ll control Venezuela for YEARS and give oil riches to people

The Olina left Venezuela last week fully loaded with oil as part of a flotilla shortly after the capture of tyrant Maduro.

And the vessel was returning fully loaded to Venezuela following the US blockade of Venezuelan oil exports, the source added.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *