Gif Mature 16:9


The Cuban government said on Sunday that 32 of its citizens died during the US raid in Venezuela to extract President Nicolás Maduro to be prosecuted in the United States.

Havana issued a statement in which it explained that all the dead were members of the Cuban armed forces and intelligence agencies; and that for this reason, the Cuban government decreed two days of mourning, on January 5 and 6, in honor of the deceased and that the funeral arrangements will be announced.

Faithful to their responsibilities In terms of security and defense, our compatriots fulfilled their duty with dignity and heroism and fell, after fierce resistance, in direct combat against the attackers or as a result of the bombing of the facilities,” the statement said.

For his part, the cuban presidentMiguel Díaz-Canel, asked on social networks “honor and glory for the brave Cuban fighters “who fell facing terrorists in imperial uniform, who kidnapped and illegally took the President of Venezuela and his wife out of their country.”

Cuba, an old ally of Venezuela, has for years supplied Maduro with his personal safety equipment and has personnel throughout the Venezuelan army since he came to power. What is still not clear is how many Cubans died while guarding the Venezuelan president when was captured and how many might have perished elsewhere.

Maduro, 63, and his wife, Cilia Flores, were detained by U.S. forces in Caracas, Venezuela’s capital, on Saturday and taken to the United States. They both just appear this Monday, and have pleaded not guiltybefore Manhattan federal court. Maduro was indicted in 2020 on charges in the United States, including narco-terrorist conspiracy.

The president of Cuba, Miguel Díaz-Canel, confirmed that his country had offered protection to Nicolás Maduro and his wife “at the request” of the Venezuelan government.

According to him American General Dan Cainethe United States intelligence services had been closely following the movements of the former Venezuelan president for months before the attack by US forces took place. According to Caine, the agents were able to determine “where” Maduro moved, lived, traveled, ate and worked.

Venezuelan sources cited by The New York Times revealed that Venezuela suffered 80 deaths in Saturday’s operationwhile Washington officials have revealed that half a dozen American soldiers were wounded, although Trump would not confirm the numbers.

Venezuelan authorities have not confirmed how many people fwere killed or injured during the bombings, but the Minister of Defense, Vladimir Padrino López, said that “a large part” of Maduro’s security team was murdered “in cold blood” and that they were “gathering” information regarding victims.

He Venezuelan Foreign MinisterYván Gil, also reported to CELAC the death of civilians and soldiers.

“International humanitarian law was violated by carrying out attacks that caused the death of people who did not participate in hostilities, contravening the principles of distinction, proportionality and military necessity,” said the head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Confirmation of Donald Trump

The American president, Donald Trump has confirmed this monday that “many on the other side” died on Saturday in the operation to capture Nicolás Maduro, including “many Cubans” who protected the president detained during the early hours of the morning to face charges of drug trafficking and corruption.

Trump has regretted the deaths and has revealed that the security forces that protected Maduro suffered many casualties during the Delta Force operation.

“Many Cubans died yesterday protecting Maduro,” said the president on his way to the White House. Maduro’s security was made up of a large number of Cuban agents.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *