Bodies of Iranian protesters piled up in a makeshift morgue.


The keys

nuevo
Generated with AI

Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei blamed Donald Trump and the United States for the victims and damage suffered during the recent protests in Iran.

Khamenei described the protests as part of a US plot to destabilize the country, ensuring that this time Trump personally intervened by encouraging the protesters.

The Iranian regime maintains that economic protests led to violence due to the alleged infiltration of agents backed by Israel and the United States.

Donald Trump first encouraged protesters and threatened to intervene, but then moderated his stance and ruled out imminent military strikes against Iran.

The supreme leader of Iran, Ali Jamenei, This Saturday, he blamed US President Donald Trump for the victims and damage suffered in the protests that have shaken the Islamic republic in recent weeks.

“We consider the president of the United States guilty of the victims, the damages and the accusations he has directed at the Iranian nation“he said in a meeting with thousands of people at a religious event in Tehran.

Khamenei assured that the protests have been and are part of a “American plot” with the aim of “devouring Iran.”

The country’s highest authority directly accused Trump, calling him a “criminal,” and held him responsible for having “personally involved,” which would have caused the latest anti-Iranian decision to be “different.”

“The particularity of the recent plot is that the president of the United States himself intervened personally: he spoke, threatened and, encouraging the conspirators, sent them the message to advance, not to be afraid and that they had our military support,” he said.

During this event, the leader noted that, unlike this occasion, which he considers different, the “previous plots” by the West against the nation had been limited to journalists and second-level politicians.

Khamenei asserted that “we will not lead the country towards warbut we will not leave the domestic and international criminals of the US plot unpunished” and stressed that “the United States must be held accountable.”

Supporters of Iraqi Shiite armed groups burn images of US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, during a demonstration in solidarity with the Government of Iran in Tehran, in front of the Iranian consulate in Basra.

Supporters of Iraqi Shiite armed groups burn images of US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, during a demonstration in solidarity with the Government of Iran in Tehran, in front of the Iranian consulate in Basra.

Reuters

In a gesture of rapprochement with the protesters’ demands, the leader admitted that “the economic situation is complicated and the townspeople are struggling to survive,” which is why he urged government officials to act with greater commitment and intensify their efforts.

The mobilizations They started on December 28when Tehran merchants lowered the shutters of their businesses in protest against the fall of the rial. However, they soon spread to other regions of the country with slogans such as “Death to the Islamic Republic” and “Death to Khamenei.”

As the days passed, the protests multiplied until they reached their peak on Thursday, January 8 and Friday, January 9when demonstrations broke out across much of Iran. These episodes led to acts of vandalism against public institutions, the destruction of banking entities and the burning of 53 mosques, according to the official version of the Iranian Government.

From Tehran they maintain that economic protests led to violence due to the infiltration of external agents, presumably supported by Israel and the United States, with the aim of justifying a military intervention by Washington, which has not materialized so far.

Trump backs off his threats

Donald Trump stated on Tuesday that had canceled all meetings with Iranian leadersafter encouraging protesters to overthrow the regime and assured that “help is on the way.” However, just three days later, he moderated his stance and ruled out imminent attacks on Iran.

This reversal occurred after almost a week of strong escalation between Washington and Tehranduring which regional allies of the United States warned that a bombing campaign could spark a broader conflict.

While senior military commanders prepared for an eventual attack order that was ultimately not issued, the possibility of intervention worried governments around the world about the risk of a new protracted conflict in the Middle East. trump He assured that the decision not to attack was exclusively his.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *