The president in charge of Venezuela, Delcy Rodriguezdecreed this Tuesday seven days of mourning for the “young martyrs” who died defending Nicolás Maduro, captured along with his wife, Cilia Flores, last Saturday during a lightning military operation by US troops in Caracas.
These young people “said their lives defending Venezuela, defending President Nicolás Maduro,” said the president in charge during a visit to a commune in Caracas that was broadcast on the state channel. Venezuelan Television (VTV).
“Our recognition goes to them. The images of inert bodies have pierced my soul“But I know that they martyred themselves for the supreme values of this Republic,” Rodríguez added without yet specifying the total number of victims killed in the attacks.
The Venezuelan authorities have also not reported on the total damage, victims and injuries after the US attacks in Caracas and the states of Miranda, La Guaira and Aragua. So far, only confirmed 24 deaths of the Venezuelan Army and 32 Cuban soldiers that the island’s government identified on Sunday.